Balgownie Cricket Club Selection Policy
- The 1st Grade team for each game shall be selected by a panel comprising the 1st Grade Captain, 2nd Grade Captain and the Chairmen of Selectors.
- Lower grades shall be selected by the Committee elected 4 member selection panel comprising:
- Chairman of Selectors
- 2nd Grade Captain
- 3rd Grade Captain
- 4th Grade Captain
- Selections shall be finalised by Thursday evening and will be made available after Thursday training on the Balgownie Cricket Club website & Facebook page.
- Training is an integral part of club & team success. As such, all players are to attend training each week. If you have extraneous reasons why you cannot fulfill these requirements, you should consult with your Captain and Chairman of Selectors who will duly consider your situation.
- Players are required to give ample warning of their unavailability to their Captain and/or the Chairman of Selectors. As such, late withdrawals may result in non-selection for the following match.
- To be considered for 1st or 2nd Grade, it is expected that you will be available for the majority of all games throughout the season including 1-day, 2-day & T20 cricket, as well as Country Cup & pre-season trial games.
- To qualify to participate in the premiership competition final series, a player must have played on at least 50% (fraction ignored) of the scheduled playing days prior to the time of such final series during the current season.
- Your conduct and performance at training and games will be taken into consideration for selection.
- Barring exceptional talent, Balgownie Cricket Club Senior members will be selected in preference to U16 players that are available for grade.
- Senior member numbers regularly exceed the number of team player positions that we have available. Therefore, a rotation policy will be employed in our 4th Grade selections. As per previous seasons, selectors will endeavor to evenly distribute non-selections amongst players in these sides.
- Any Senior grade player who has paid their registration in full by the 1st of December and has been subject to the rotation policy and has missed more than 4 Saturdays (18 Saturdays per season) due to rotation (not unavailability) will be eligible to apply for a 30% refund of their registration fee. Refund applications will be reviewed and approved by the Treasure and Committee at the conclusion of each season.
- If players have concerns regarding their selection, they should consult with the Chairman of Selectors. If this consultation doesn’t allay these concerns then players may formally write to the committee, clearly outlining the particulars of their situation.
Like and share The Balgownie Cricket Facebook page here: